Thursday, August 1, 2013

I am a listener

I am a listener.
I've grown up thinking and living that if I ever spoke my mind, it would destroy me. 
So, I keep my ears wide open and my mouth locked up without a key.
This has hurt me but has done the opposite as well.
I've kept everything inside for so long that I am hurting more than I should be.
I almost don't know how to speak at times. Sounds crazy but that's how I've become.
It has helped me become more wise.
As I pay attention, I notice things around me. I am able to take it all in and learn from it all. 
Sometimes it is wise to say nothing at all than to look foolish. 
Not that by speaking is foolish but those who don't take care of their tongue can be foolish..
I am listener because of the pain, but I would rather have it that way because His glory is reigning through my struggles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment