Friday, February 3, 2012

Adam & Eve

I'm not really sure what to write about. There's so much that needs to be said that I can't put my finger on just one thing. Story of my life, no?

hm.

Yesterday, I was thinking about Adam and Eve. I was wondering how it was to be them.. like when they got kicked out of the garden, how did they know to.. well, simply live? Where did they live? Did they build a home? How did they figure out how to raise a child? I mean, they were the very first ones on earth, they had no one before them, no human beings among them. This puzzles me, and I clearly would love to know! haha. The only way to find out is really when I get to heaven, but then again I'll be too busy praising God by then , hehe. This just amazes me.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't even thought about questions like that. A questions some of my friends had is how did they populate the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gloria! Thanks for the follow on my blog! :)

    You ask very interesting questions here. I know I've wondered these same things before. Here's how I look at it:

    I think it was their God-given instinct. Nature taught them how to reproduce and then raise their children. I also believe that God will not give us a task-- such as laboring among the land and building a home-- and not give us the knowledge and means to do it.

    I think of when Adam and Eve realized they were naked, and so they hurriedly covered themselves with leaves. God, of course, knew that this was not enough covering, and He gave them animal skins. In the same way, I am sure they did not begin with a beautiful two story brick home, divided into a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and a shop for Adam to work out of.

    But they began with the natural instinct for the need of shelter. Since then, their architecture has been adapted and modified as man learned new things about building materials, tools, and designs. As God has required altars and arks, He has guided them in how to do so.

    As for raising a family, did you know that during childbirth, a certain hormone in a woman is released which gives her her deepest maternal instincts? If you ever watch "The Business of Being Born," you will also learn that when we are sedated from having the pain, it also limits the effects of this hormone. But raising a family is VERY much a part of nature... and the Word of God provides us instruction on how to train and discipline our children in the ways of the Lord.

    As for reproducing a family, I think it goes without saying that no one really "knows" anything until the first time they know a man (or until a man knows a woman). And that's all I'll say on this subject. :)

    Sooooooooooooooooooo..... that is a VERY much long-winded response to your probably hypothetical questions. :) haha

    God is good!

    Raquel
    walkingonmyhighplaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete